Saturday, March 9, 2013

Flowering Broccoli

Whoops.

I'm pretty sure this is my fault for not eating enough broccoli:

Bolted!
 At least the bees are enjoying it:
look at those pollen sacks!
 It was nice to hear them buzzing again. I need more winter-flowering plants, I think.

And maybe I need to eat more vegetables. Although I'm going to continue to mix vegetables into my ornamental plants, like using Brussels sprouts for edging in one of the beds, at least until it gets hot. I'm not even sure I like Brussels sprouts, but they look cool, so in they went. We'll see how that goes.


And as a note to myself - I planted these in late fall (November?) in the bed on the west side of the patio, and they grew all the way through winter, even though it got way colder than normal. I should remember this for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!