Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Wednesday Vignettes: first time blooms!

In the garden right now, it's still clean up time - pruning, getting the leaves out of everything, figuring out what the cold and/or gophers damaged over the winter... nothing too pretty! But, to remind myself that the winter chores pay off, here are some pictures of one of my cactus (trichocereus grandiflora) hybrids that bloomed for the first time last year!

the only red-ish one i have

it lives on the top of the hillside, behind one of the pine trees

looks pretty in the blue pot!

it bloomed over several weeks!
Here's to hoping it (and all the rest of them...) bloom again this year!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! this is the only one i have that is this color. I was so happy to catch it in bloom!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you! I bought it when it wasn't blooming, so this was a great surprise to me.

      Delete
  3. Always a bit of a shock to see the hairy buds bugging out from the stem. So pretty though. Thankfully you were able to snap it's photo at it's best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! Those flowers don't always look like they belong on this plant, and the buds form so quickly! I'm hoping for another great display this year.

      Delete

Please share your thoughts!