Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Wednesday Vignettes: Rainbow / Red

...and now for something different. This started as a project during California's safer at home / shelter in place orders. Looking back at all the pictures i've taken of my garden, and finding a rainbow of colors. I was also inspired by one of my favorite artists, Philippa Stanton at 5ftinf and her book "Conscious Creativity", which talks about color collecting, texture and a ton of other things.

Inspired by her book, creativity, Instagram and with a lot of time on my hands, i went and found all the colors of rainbow in my garden. For today, here's RED:








A collage, just for fun
I'm going to post all the colors, so my apologies in advance if it gets boring... But i really wanted to find something positive out of the craziness these last few months. Up next: ORANGE

7 comments:

  1. Lovely, Renee! You have quite the collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! it's been fun to go look at all my pictures for specific colors...

      Delete
  2. those deep dark reds are gorgeous. Is it cherry season already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite yet (that's an old picture) but it will be soon!

      Delete
  3. Red is my favorite, but so are all the other colors. Themes are good--looking forward to orange!

    Hopefully some good will come out of this pandemic and the resulting consequences. Because so much is bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. silver linings in thunderclouds, and all that. I don't like to think of it as good out of the pandemic, but maybe more of an opportunity for change and resilience?

      Delete

Please share your thoughts!