1) I don't see the sun enough. I know this is partially caused by it being January - every year at this time, I get into the trend of it being dark when I leave to go to work, and dark when I come back. On some days, this made taking pictures of the garden difficult. This will get easier later in the year, but there are still two applications for me:
- Near Term: Appreciate my houseplants - I never realized how much I depended on my houseplants to see "green" during the winter. Taking care of the ones I have, and doing things like forcing paperwhites make the dark days more fun.
- Longer Term: I also want to find ways to enjoy the garden after it's dark (and cold) - maybe lights, a firepit, and some actual outdoor furniture that's comfortable for curling up in.
|One of the many houseplants I photographed for the challenge|
- I'm going to continue bringing my camera when I travel, and my phone.
- But I also want to keep giving myself permission to just be somewhere, and not worry about pictures (like Sunday!)
|Having my phone be able to take (decent) pictures made this challenge much easier|
- I'm going to keep going out and looking for new things, and revisiting places I've been. Being me, I've made a list :)
- I'm going to set a goal to post four times a week going forward - that should keep me "in the swing of things" without going overboard. And it will force me to stop and pay attention to the garden, even if work/life get hectic
|I want to keep finding places to see plants - there is such a variety out there|
- I want to keep using some of the photo editing programs I used during the challenge, and maybe find some new ones
- But I also want to get better at taking good pictures, even if it's just with my trusty point-and-shoot
|That means more pictures like this one - or hopefully better|
- I want to do this again - later in the year (like summer/fall). That's going on the list!
- I wanted to reward myself for completing the challenge - so I came up with a little project that I just finished. Hopefully it will help in the future challenge also... Post to come soon!
|My reward is not this awesome sculpture...I wish!|