Saturday, May 16, 2020

Opuntia Blooms

Every year, numerous times, i curse myself for getting glochids all over myself. Why do i put up with these plants?

Oh yeah:
because of these flowers!

even newly replanted they bloom!

these ones (marcocentra) have always been my favorite

these defy being photographed!
This year was a long blooming year - as of mid may, there are still some buds waiting to pop.
This one is brand new/never flowered... i wonder what color it will be?
This was the first time I saw these flowers:
a very soft pink!

these are so loud they deserve a 2nd picture

these will also be a very soft pink.. but on purple pads

these are also new!

these will be yellow!
And then there is still orange and peach to come! I need to find some red flowering ones... 

(wait - no - i don't need more plants, and definitely not more opuntias. Although i forget the glochids soon enough...)

4 comments:

  1. Nice collection! No blooms have opened here yet, although there are a few buds forming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers ARE impressive but I haven't been able to get over the glochids...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed a few blooming for the first time in my garden as well - exciting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty but a plant-at-your-own-risk variety.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!