Sunday, May 10, 2020

Six on Saturday (make that Sunday) - 5/10/2020

Is this just an excuse to play with portrait mode on my phone?

Yes? But "snow in summer" was a willing subject
Not all the pictures are close ups - the poppies look(ed) great this year.
basically taking over that corner
More pictures will be coming soon enough...

The opuntia are getting ready to pop!
that's not an opuntia flower :) 
It's not just poppies in the garden - not sure what this cute little thing is, but it's fighting for space with the poppies
I'm sure it will turn out to be evasive or something... but it's cute for now
Portrait mode is the only way i can get in-focus pictures of the grevilleas
i think our quick heat bleached the color out of these?
Portrait mode also blurs out all the weeds i haven't pulled yet, and the gopher damage. The stupid gophers didn't get this yellow hersperaloe!
excited that my protection system is working... and that i'm getting a yellow bloom!
The cherries are back!
soon they will be red!
Happy Spring!

3 comments:

  1. Cherries yum. What kind are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are bing cherries - or at least that's what they look like! I can't wait for them to be ripe!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the cherries made it through your difficult weather shifts. I wish my California poppies did half as well as yours.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!