Sunday, February 18, 2018

The garden holds it's breath...

Scary things are happening... Aloes almost crushed by ladders...
 Plants a bit trampled, or covered
I wanted to redo that bed anyway?
 Scraping the paint off the deck means blue flecks are everywhere...
 The front garden hasn't been spared...
Good thing the roses got pruned last week?
Better to do this in February, I suppose. Next weekend, recovery can start and planting can resume. The crew has been very careful, which is appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Painting, termite treatment, roof repairs - all can be very traumatic for both the garden and the gardener! It sounds as though the damage was minimal in your case, which must be a relief. I hope you're enjoying your refreshed exterior!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh, this is one of my worst nightmares. Our house needs painting right now, but I know it's going to cause me much heartbreak if they trample anything. Here, I have to wait until summer when it's warm and dry, and by then everything is up and growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great the workers are so diligent. The stories I've heard and lived on one trade vs. the other, or even a trade vs. the owner, are the things of fiction novels.

    Yes, you will soon be planting again, or at least watching it all grow again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eaves are a paint to paint. Looks like they were pretty careful. The guys building a pool next door ran over my patch of Senecio and turned it into mush. Grrr!

    I do my own painting, so if anything gets damaged, I know exactly who to blame.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!