Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Wednesday Vignettes: Rainbow / Indigo

...continuing the rainbow project! This started as a project during California's safer at home / shelter in place orders. Looking back at all the pictures i've taken of my garden, and finding a rainbow of colors. I was also inspired by one of my favorite artists, Philippa Stanton at 5ftinf and her book "Conscious Creativity", which talks about color collecting, texture and a ton of other things.

Inspired by her book, creativity, Instagram and with a lot of time on my hands, i went and found all the colors of rainbow in my garden. For today, here's INDIGO:










 You know, i had to look up what "indigo" actually meant as a color? It's a blue-ish purple. Turns out i have more of it than i thought. I really should grow those castor beans again... I'm going to post all the colors, so my apologies in advance if it gets boring... But i really wanted to find something positive out of the craziness these last few months. Up next: VIOLET

1 comment:

  1. Nice photos! I love the penstemon, which has refused to grow for me. Is the plant in the 6th photo a Puya?

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!