Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Wednesday Vignettes: Rainbow / Yellow

...continuing the rainbow project! This started as a project during California's safer at home / shelter in place orders. Looking back at all the pictures i've taken of my garden, and finding a rainbow of colors. I was also inspired by one of my favorite artists, Philippa Stanton at 5ftinf and her book "Conscious Creativity", which talks about color collecting, texture and a ton of other things.

Inspired by her book, creativity, Instagram and with a lot of time on my hands, i went and found all the colors of rainbow in my garden. For today, here's YELLOW:










(sigh... my poor opuntia)


Yellow is a really consistent color in my garden. There were a ton more pictures, but these were some of my favorites. I'm going to post all the colors, so my apologies in advance if it gets boring... But i really wanted to find something positive out of the craziness these last few months. Up next: BLUE

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful collection, Renee. I love color collages. Is the rose 'Golden Celebration'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rose is from my parents' garden - who inherited a whole garden of no-ID roses when they moved many years ago. That yellow one has always been one of my favorites!

      Delete
  2. Yellow is a common thread throughout my garden too. Love the coreopsis. Why the "poor opuntia"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, because it's dead... although it lives on through cuttings! Thank you! Yellow is such a great garden color!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts!