Wednesday, March 13, 2019

NIGHT BLOOM!

Warning! These pictures are a) not great and b) not nearly as good as being there in person. But still!

I had planned a longer post on this event called NIGHTBLOOM at the San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers, but my pictures weren't very good. Last week, i showed some vignettes during the day, and here is what it looked like all lit up at night...

the entrance
inflatable structures to sit under

the stained glass looked awesome!
the pond area lit with various shades of green

maybe this video shows the effects better? There was also sound...
the new bridge area

in the other room, the light was much warmer/red toned
dramatic uplighting on a tree fern
the west gallery
This whole event was amazing, and super gorgeous. I'm so glad we made the special trip up to see it. Now, perhaps the Huntington or other LA area gardens could be convinced to do something similar?

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job with the photos, despite the difficult light conditions. I couldn't get the video to play but even without it I could tell it was a fabulous display. The LA Arboretum had a "Moonlight Forest Lantern Art Festival" this past fall. I was there when they were setting it up but didn't see it at night. Yelp has some reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to figure out how to make video work! Maybe if the LA Arboretum has it again, i'll have to try and visit a bit closer to home!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts!