Saturday, March 28, 2020

Signs of life in the pond!

Last year, the pond was beautiful! So far this year, it's mostly been quiet... but signs of life underwater are starting!

the tropical water lily is waking up!

the hardy one too (i swear - just above center is a leaf!)

and the new plant is starting to grow...something?
I have to remember that i can't buy more waterlilies this year... but i do need to get some new underwater plants, and maybe an extra marginal plant. Oh, and all 7 fish are still alive! And the water is still clear...

Here is to hoping that 2020 is another great year for the pond!

5 comments:

  1. That's fun, Renee! I'm guessing you don't have raccoons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no raccoons sighted, although who knows. Maybe they'll move in the with the gophers.

      Delete
  2. Exciting! I didn't get my waterlily out of the pond fast enough last year and it froze so will be in the market for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I hope you find a great one. I have to remind myself that i am NOT in the market for another waterlily...

      Delete
  3. So much is waking up now. We're fortunate March was rainy.

    Water lilies--looking forward to your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!