|Hill side - 5/25|
|Same hill side - 1/20/2014|
|Opposite View - 5/25/2014 - more to see on this side...|
- Plants planted include a lot of Opuntia - including o. basilaris, o. macrocentra and an Opuntia NOID. While all of them have rooted, they do seem to need time - in some cases a year - before they start growing new pads.
- All the Gazania is self sown...
- The Centaurea gymnocarpa survived the winter and is going gangbusters. I'm on try 2 to get the same plant to grow on the other side of the hill.
- There are also quite a few Agave (Agave salmiana var. ferox, mostly). They seem to like it up there, and are putting on a lot of growth for first year plants
- Any and all attempts to get any groundcover to grow next to the steps has failed.
- The gravel path on the top of the hill is holding up nicely, and seems to make a significant difference in the number of weeds
Hopefully, by the end of the summer, there will be more progress!